ELMS Quick PST (Email Inbox) Review
The ELMS Quick PST (Email Inbox) Review lets you easily and cost effectively review an individual’s emails, often sent to you via a PST file.
Use it when:
- Conducting internal investigations.
- Preparing claims and advices.
- Undertaking an internal claim or risk analysis, especially during early phases of matters.
- Assembling briefs for lawyers, barristers or experts.
Common problems encountered with locating documents inside an organisation’s network include:
- you, or your IT department, have to import the PST file into your personal inbox which means you are at risk of altering the metadata of the emails or their attachments and deleting or moving emails from their existing order;
- the document set you are dealing with is not entirely text searchable; making searches unreliable;
- tracking where an email sits within the PST file is difficult when utilising the search functions;
- you cannot easily track what has been reviewed so you may review the same email more than once;
- you have no means to de-duplicate the set of emails, leading to multiple reviews of the same email;
- you cannot easily sort all emails chronologically across all of an inbox’s sub-folders;
- you cannot easily filter the documents into categories to assist with locating critical documents;
- Outlook does not have any AI tools to assist you to identify near duplicates with similar concepts;
- sharing emails with other individuals is difficult;
- it is easy to reply or forward an email as you are in a live inbox; and
- you cannot get anyone to assist with the review.
THE QUICK PST REVIEW SOLUTION
You upload the PST file to a file sharing platform and ELMS downloads it (ELMS can assist with the platform if needed)
ELMS ingests the emails into an eDiscovery database where we de-duplicate the emails and their attachments and make them fully text searchable.
ELMS trains you on how to use eDiscovery database.
You carry out the searches and use the analytical tools needed to identify relevant emails or their attachments. ELMS can assist you with this task if required.
You can easily sort the emails in chronological order without losing their host/attachment relationship.
ELMS have set up workflows in the eDiscovery database which help you track what emails you have reviewed.
You can ask ELMS to provide access to the emails, or a subset of them, to external parties such as external lawyers, experts barristers and insurers.
Once the review is complete, ELMS can:
- continue to hold the emails in the eDiscovery database, for later use by an external legal team;
- prepare a subset of the emails for you in a fully hyperlinked text searchable PDF solution;
- remove the emails; or
- put the emails in archive mode.