Early Claims Assessment Service Line – Corporate
The ECA Service line lets you easily and cost effectively review large volumes of documentary material using the power of an eDiscovery database.
Use it when:
- Conducting internal investigations.
- Preparing claims and advices.
- Assembling briefs for lawyers, barristers or experts.
Common problems encountered with locating documents inside an organisation’s network include:
- having to conduct the same searches across multiple sources such as emails, network drives and databases;
- not all the documents being fully text searchable, making the searches unreliable; and
- some of your internal systems may not be able to conduct searches across a document set.
And even once you have gathered your document set, you are usually not able to or easily:
- track what documents you have reviewed;
- remove duplicates;
- sort the documents into chronological order;
- filter documents into categories to assist with locating key documents;
- use AI tools to assist you identify “like” documents quickly; or
- share multiple documents with one or more external parties.
ECA SERVICE LINE SOLUTION
You identify the documents or document sources in your network which you need to review.
ELMS helps you collect the documents without altering the metadata (just in case those files are needed later for litigation).
ELMS ingests the documents into an eDiscovery database where we de-duplicate the documents and make them fully text searchable.
ELMS trains you on how to use the eDiscovery database.
You carry out the searches and use the analytical tools needed to identify the relevant documents. ELMS can assist you with this task if required.
ELMS have set up workflows in the eDiscovery database which help you track what documents you have reviewed.
You can ask ELMS to provide access to the documents, or a subset of them, to external parties such as external lawyers, barristers, experts and insurers.
Once the review is complete, ELMS can:
- continue to hold the documents in the eDiscovery database for later use by an external legal team;
- prepare a subset of the documents for you in a fully hyperlinked text searchable PDF solution;
- remove the documents; or
- put the documents in archive mode.